Our core competence is focused on the Swiss real estate sector. We take you as a customer and thus your right and need for data truth and data security seriously. For this reason, we have decided that even before the revised Swiss Data Protection Act comes into force, the handling of your data will be in line with the strict requirements of the European Data Protection Ordinance.
Data protection information
Swiss Chamber of Brokers in its function as the responsible body (hereinafter also referred to as “SCREA”) informs its users that personal data of yours will be processed, in particular:
- personal data (e.g. e-mail address, first name, surname, title, address, telephone number – hereinafter referred to as “data” or “personal data”) provided by users when registering on the Website (e.g. in the context of contact requests and newsletter mailing);
- personal data transmitted by users’ Internet browser each time they access the Website and stored in log files, also known as server log files. These data include: IP address (Internet Protocol address) of the accessing computer; name of the page accessed; date and time of access; referred URL from which the User accesses the Site; number of data transmitted; status message for successful access; session ID number.
Purpose of processing
SCREA as the responsible body processes personal data for the following purposes:
- Fulfilment of users’ requests (e.g. management of contact requests, management of orders for contact with regular electronic newsletters containing promotional information on property offers from SCREA members)
to enable users to register on the website;
- technical management of the website and its operational functions, including the resolution of technical problems, statistical analysis, testing and research;
- to prevent fraudulent activity or abuse on or in relation to the Website;
- to comply with the requirements of applicable laws, to protect the safety of an individual and the rights and property of SCREA, and to prevent deception or security or technical problems.
The legal basis for the processing of personal data is art. 6 I letters a, b and f DPA. The processing of personal data for the purpose of direct advertising gives rise to the legitimate interest of SMK pursuant to Art. 6 I lit. f DSGVO.
Method of providing personal data and the consequences of refusal
The provision of personal data by the user is voluntary. They are free to decide whether to provide personal data to SCREA and they may subsequently withdraw their consent to the processing of personal data already provided. Revocation may mean that the SCREA website cannot be used. By providing your personal data, you consent to the processing, storage and use of your data.
Users’ personal data is processed only when necessary and is only processed electronically, in particular by collection, registration, organisation, storage, consultation, processing, modification, selection, extraction, comparison, use, interconnection, access and communication, blocking, erasure and destruction of the data The processing operations may be carried out by electronic and non-electronic means.
Access to data
The personal data are processed by SCREA, in particular
- Employees and consultants who are authorised to manage the website and provide related services;
- third party companies (e.g. IT service providers, hosting providers, etc.) to whom SCREA has outsourced services with processing operations as part of a contract processing.
Information about data
As the responsible body, we can provide information about your personal data. However, this information can only be provided for the following purposes:
- In the event of the fulfilment of legal obligations or obligations from regulations and directives of national or European legislation;
- To defend you in court in the event of a legal dispute.
Passing on of data
For the purpose of data processing, we transfer your data to our order processor. In addition, your data will only be passed on within the framework of the fulfilment of the contractual relationship. In particular, the data will be passed on to your contractual partners, notaries and land registries.
The servers used by SCREA are located within Switzerland/European Union.
Storage of data
SCREA will retain personal data for the time necessary to achieve the purposes for which the data are collected and further processed, including any retention period required by applicable laws (e.g. retention of accounting records).
SCREA uses so-called cookies to improve the surfing on the website. Cookies are small text files, usually consisting of letters and numbers, which are stored by the user’s web browser on their PC and contain pseudo-anonymised data. Cookies allow a website to recognise the user’s computer in order to track the browsing of several pages of a website and to identify users returning to a website. There are cookies for technical, analytical and profiling purposes.
The website uses the following technical cookies:
- To save the language selection
- To save the unit selection
- To save the last searches
- To save the watch list ID
- To save the test assignment for AB tests
- For saving assignments to distributed systems for load balancers
SCREA informs users that they can deactivate or remove cookies in their web browser according to the instructions on the following links:
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
The website also uses analytical cookies that are set by third parties, for example by Google (see also provisions on the use of analysis programs and tracking tools) and Adroll / privacy) as well as Haufe.
These are in detail:
- a) Google Analytics
- b) Universal Analytics
- c) Google Remarketing and Retargeting
- d) Facebook Remarketing and Retargeting
This website does not use profiling cookies.
Social media plug-ins
This website uses social media plug-ins provided by the main social networks (e.g. Facebook and Twitter). When visiting the website, the browsing data can be transferred directly to the respective social networks, even without direct user interaction. Users acknowledge and agree that the operation of social networks plug-ins is managed directly by the company that offers the relevant plug-in. If users use the Plug-Ins via the Website (e.g. log in with their access data to a social network or link their accounts), they click on the respective button (such as “Like” or “Share” on Facebook) and connect to the server of this social network, which then sends the content of the Plug-In directly to the users’ browser.
Rights of data subjects
You have the right to be informed about the processing of your personal data (for example, the origin of the data, the purpose of the processing, the methods of processing). Furthermore, you are entitled at any time to object to the processing of your data for the future, to restrict it or to demand that it be deleted. Finally, you may at any time stop the sending of advertising material or the performance of market research or commercial communications.
In summary, you have a right to
- Deletion (or to be forgotten),
- Restriction of processing,
- Data transferability,
- Opposition to the processing of your personal data,
- Report to the supervisory authority.
To exercise the above rights and request information, contact the person in charge.
The SCREA is responsible for the site and its content.
Swiss Chamber of Real Estate Agents
+41 44 521 02 08